Hexagone is a simplified joint stock company under French law whose registered office is located at 2 rue Jean Perrin, 14460 Colombelles (“Inject”, “Inside”, “Schoolab”, or “we”).
When you use our services, you trust us to handle your information.
We recognize that this is a big responsibility, so we strive to protect it, while allowing you to maintain control over it.
Through our contact forms, various documents and our exchanges by e-mail, mail or telephone, “Schoolab” may collect personal data.
“Schoolab” builds its software and services in compliance with the RGPD regulations on data protection. Your personal information allows us to process your requests, to provide support and training and to improve the quality of our services. It is also used to get to know you better so that we can offer you personalized content and services tailored to your needs.
Your personal data is intended solely for the processing of your request by “Schoolab” and is not disclosed to outside companies.
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, as amended, as well as the European Regulation n°2016/679/EU of April 27, 2016, the user has the right to access, rectify, oppose, limit and, if necessary, delete data. These rights may be exercised by simple request, accompanied by proof of identity, sent by mail to: email@example.com.
How Schoolab collects your personal data
Schoolab’s digital services facilitate the creation and management of communities, programs and innovation sites. We regularly receive personal data in the course of providing our services. The personal data we collect and process may include:
Personal data that you provide to us, including:
- Registration. We collect the mandatory information needed to create your user account and to register for the services we provide on our websites, namely your title, first name, last name, e-mail address and password. The text “optional” is associated with non-mandatory fields in our interfaces.
- Profile. Various information is included in your profile, some of which is optional, such as the option to include or not include your photo, country of residence, educational information, and professional skills. You are not required to include any other information in your profile; however, the information in your profile allows you to take better advantage of our services, for example, to be identified by our staff so that you can participate in a program. Where applicable, your profile will also show your membership in one or more teams.
- Posts, Publications and Downloads. We collect personal information from you when you submit, post or upload it to our website, including when you register for a program, when you upload resources (e.g., documents, deliverables) submitted as part of your participation in a program, or collected on public areas of our websites.
- Technical Information. Dates and times you connect to our services. We also keep track of all correspondence between you and us, including information you send when you report a problem with our websites or services.
- Any other information about you that you may provide to us.
A complete list of the personal data collected and processed by our websites and services is available in our technical documentation.
Information we automatically collect from a third party source, including:
Authentication information via your company’s calendar. If you register on our website using SSO authentication (SAML 2.0, Azure AD Provisioning, OpenID…), we will access certain personal data (e.g., your first name, last name, or email address) from your profile in your company’s calendar in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of those platforms.
Authentication information via social networks. If you register on our website using authentication via social networks (such as LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, etc.), we will access certain personal data (e.g., your first name, last name, or email address) from your profile on the social networks in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of those platforms.
Technical Information. When you visit our website, we collect information about the devices you use and the networks you are connected to. This technical information includes your IP address, login information, the bandwidth you use, the time of your visit, your browser type and version, your browser add-on types and versions, your operating system, information about your visit including click stream displaying URLs, download/upload errors, the pages you visited, interactions between pages, and other connection data contained in our logs. This collected information is anonymized and processed with third party Inspectlet and Google Analytics technology.
How long Schoolab Stores your personal information.
We retain your personal information as long as you have an active account with us for 36 months. If you close your account, your personal data will be deleted immediately.
Information that you have shared with others (e.g., through messages, discussions, or on walls/chat rooms) will remain visible after you close your account, but will be anonymized. Your profile may continue to be displayed as part of other people’s services (for example, search engine results) until the user refreshes their cache.
If your account is suspended or blocked, we will retain your data for between 2 and 5 years to prevent you from violating our website’s terms and conditions.
We may also retain your personal data for an additional period of time to the extent necessary for us to enforce or defend legal claims.
Use of your personal data
We use your personal data to provide, support and develop our services. We use your personal data to :
- inform you about our offers and services;
- allow you to participate in innovation programs on our website;
- allow you to personalize your user profile/account;
- send you information related to our services (e.g., confirmation of your registration for a program) by e-mail and/or other means of communication;
- allow you to communicate and interact with other members of the community, such as team members, mentors, panel members and/or program organizers (e.g., messages exchanged with team members or invitations to join a team);
- post an announcement that you are a finalist or winner in a program;
- provide you with access to our support services so that you can communicate with us;
- send you, in accordance with applicable law and, where applicable, with your consent, marketing materials and suggestions about our services (e.g., upcoming programs) that may be of interest to you;
- inform you of changes to our services;
- to administer our websites, including for problem resolution, access, data analysis, testing, research, investigation and analytical purposes
- improve our websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- maintain the security of our website; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, including court orders and other legal or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of your personal data
- *When you use our services, your profile is fully visible to all members of our community, such as program participants, mentors, panelists and the company or business sponsoring a program. Some of your profile information (e.g., your name, photo, etc.) may also be visible to others on or off our website (e.g., visitors to our website or users of third-party search engines).
- *When you post to a thread, that post may be seen by the entire community. You can send messages to team members, individual participants, jurors, mentors, or program administrators.
Deliverables related to a particular program can be viewed by other members of your team (if applicable), by jury members, team mentors or program administrators,
- *Some of our programs are public, allowing the public to vote on the winning deliverables. In these situations, the public can view wall postings related to the program, team and individual profiles, and deliverables related to the program in question (presentations, audio/video files, etc.). Before participating in a public program, you will be asked to agree to have such information made public. Please do not participate in a public program if you do not wish to make such information public.
In addition, we work with third parties who are recipients of your personal data, such as:
- the company that sponsored or sponsored a program, its directors, mentors and panel members, or others to whom it has granted access to your personal data for the sole purpose of administering the program. We have entered into data sharing agreements with companies with whom we co-host a program to ensure compliance with data protection laws;
- social networking platforms that may provide login services for you to use our website;
- our subcontractors, who are technical service providers (e.g., cloud platforms, data and content management and delivery systems, search engine providers, etc.) or analytics providers; and
- social networking platforms that may advertise our services on their websites.
We only share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- when necessary to provide our services (for example, to share your personal data with a partner company with whom we are co-organizing a program);
- to enable us to improve and optimize our website using analytics and search engines;
- when you have explicitly so requested (for example, when you register via authentication through social networks);
- when we do so in light of your consent;
- when we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to claims made against us, to comply with legal process, in connection with an investigation, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Schoolab or its members;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer; and
- if all or part of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be included in the transferred assets.
If you choose to provide us with your personal data using authentication via social networks, the privacy policies of those social networks will apply to you. We do not control the collection or processing of your information by these platforms.
The legal basis for Schoolab’s data processing
We collect, use and disclose the data we have in our possession in the following ways:
- in light of your consent, which is collected at the time of your registration;
- when necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- when necessary to serve our legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized and efficient service to our users and partners, unless your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data override such interests.
Direct Marketing E-mails
In accordance with applicable law and, where appropriate, with your consent, we may use the information you provide to us on our website for direct electronic marketing purposes (for example, to receive our newsletters, invitations to upcoming programs or events, or other communications that we think may be of interest to you). You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email sent by Schoolab, or by contacting us at the contact information below.
Transfer of your personal data
We store your personal data within the European Economic Area. If you use our website, your personal data may be shared among Schoolab affiliates (both within and outside the European Economic Area). Our policy requires all affiliates to provide a level of data protection at least equal to that required by the European Economic Area.
We may also transfer your personal data to third parties, including those outside the European Economic Area, for example (but not limited to) subcontractors and third parties engaged in the provision of services. When we transfer your personal data, we will do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate security measures to ensure its integrity and protection.
Securing Your Personal Data
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data, or accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal data by using our internal security procedures, which cover the storage, access and destruction of your personal data.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection law, and where permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will, upon request, provide you with a copy of your personal data and correct any inaccuracies you have identified. You also have the right to receive and/or have us transfer to another controller a subset of your personal data. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and to restrict such processing, as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data.
You should submit all such requests, or any questions or comments about this policy or our processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org you will find on this link a model letter prepared by the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (the “CNIL”) https://www.cnil.fr/fr/modele/courrier/rectifier-des-donnees-incompletes
Our Website contains links to other websites, including those of partner companies. These websites have their own privacy practices, for which we are not responsible. Please check those policies before submitting any personal data.
A cookie is a file that records information about your visit to our website (date and time of page load; browser used and language; pages viewed; frequency and duration of visits to the site; number of visits; sources of visits; location) and may facilitate your visits to the site.
Please note that if you uninstall a cookie or refuse the installation of cookies, you may not be able to use some of our services on our website.
Types of cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- When you access the site, a “token” cookie with a unique encrypted session ID is sent to your computer. This token then controls your access to the site for that session, and is deleted when you close your browser or log out of the site. These cookies also allow us to identify your device and preferences when you return to our website, including personalized features, language and regional preferences. These cookies are an essential component of the site’s delivery system, and you will not be able to fully use our site if these cookies are not enabled. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and is used for the sole purpose of improving your experience on our website.
- If you register on the site and select the “Remember Me” option, a persistent cookie is sent to your computer. This cookie is not deleted when you leave the site or close your browser, but is stored on your computer. This cookie contains an encrypted user identification code that identifies your computer on future visits and automatically logs you into the site. This is a functional cookie, designed to remember your preferences to enhance your experience on our site. It does not contain any personal information that can be used to identify you.
- Analytics Cookies. We use Google Analytics and Inspectlet to monitor traffic to our site. When you visit our site, these programs install certain cookies that record statistical information about your visits to the site. We measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed, and the activity of visitors on the site and how often they return. This allows us to improve our website and its operation, for example, by ensuring intuitive navigation for users. These cookies do not record any personal information that can be used to identify you.
What cookies are set?Cookies installed by Schoolab:PHPSESSID, context: Contains information about the browsing session and allows the user to access the site (expires when the browsing session ends)zlcstore: Necessary for the site’s messaging function to work (expires at the end of the browsing session).Cookies_policy_accepted: Records a user’s choice regarding cookies (expires 13 months)
Third party cookies:
Google Analytics, opt-out option: Google Analytics
gid: Used to distinguish users. (expiration: 24 hours)
_gat: Used to limit the rate of requests. (expiration: 1 minute)
_ga: Used to distinguish users. (expiration: 13 months)
Google Recaptcha, opt-out option: Google Recaptcha
rc::a : Used to distinguish humans from robots. This is beneficial for the website to create valid reports on site usage. (expiration: 13 months)
rc::c : Used to distinguish humans from robots. (expiration: end of browsing session).
Inspectlet, opt-out option: Inspectlet
___insp_sid, __insp_ref, __insp_scpt, __insp_nv, __insp_wid, __insp_identity: Used to distinguish between users and whether a user is included in the sample used to generate statistics (expires at end of browsing session).
___insp_uid : Used to recognize a user who returns to the site (expiration: 13 months)
Zendesk*, opt-out option: Zendesk*
__cfruid: Part of the services provided by Cloudflare, including load balancing, website content delivery, and DNS connection to serve website operators (expiration: end of browsing session).
zzlcmid: Keeps track of user settings through page requests (expires 12 months).
zte#: Stores a Zopim Live Chat ID that recognizes a device when visited during a chat session.
ZD-suid: Unique identifier that identifies the user’s session. (expiration: 13 months)
ZD-buid: A unique identifier that identifies the user during recurring visits. (Expiration: 13 months)
ZD-store: Records whether the Zendesk Answer Bot self-service wizard was displayed to the website user (expires 13 months).
AWSALBCORS: Records which server group the visitor is served by. This is used in the context of load balancing to optimize the user experience (expiration: 6 days).
How to delete cookies, be notified when they are set or configure your browser
All web browsers allow you to set your cookie preferences before you surf the Internet.
At any time, you can delete cookies, refuse the installation of new cookies, or be notified before a new cookie is installed by configuring your browser or by using our Consent Management Platform Axeptio.